[ic] Undefined Catalog is now strange index.html

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 23:26:01 2002

Dear IC wizards,
I'm trying to clone the foundation catalog with the hopes that is the
quickest way to start another catalog.  I see lots of info on starting
a tutorial but not much on installing a "going live" catalog.  So, I'm
just diving in...

I ran makecat to create a "hostahaven" catalog.  I chose that the
server's name should be hostahaven.com, which is true.  And
most of the defaults I accepted except for the DocumentRoot.
I run this particular server's pages out of the /www directory, so
it's directory is /www/hostahaven.com.

The foundation demo comes up just find at
http://microanswers.net/cgi-bin/foundation but I get an abbreviated
header for http://hostahaven.com/cgi-bin/hostahaven.  I spent a
few hours trying to track this down with searches through the archives
but the only progress I could make was changing
"Undefinded catalog: /cgi-bin/hostahaven" into this new kind of error.

I've mostly focused on the products/variable.txt and mv_metadata.asc files.
Where might I be going wrong?  Do I need a new ScriptAlias in my
httpd.conf file?

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.
(purveyors of fine Hostas, of course...)