[ic] Different total in backend then total in receipt and cc charge

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 13:36:00 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of cfm@maine.com

> > >placed
> in
> > >the
> > >Shipping
> >
> > <SNIP>
> > >Error logs are clear of any errors when the order was placed and
the
> > >tracking.asc shows the correct total_cost.
> > >
> > >-Ron
>

> Are you sure this is not an issue with your testing logic?  Is
> it possible to generate the same order number in your testbed?
> Do you wipe **all** data clean before you reinitiate the
> test sequence?  *.txt files can easily diverge from db files
> if you do not.

1 important point I left out, we are using MySql with NoImport External
set in catalog.cfg.

I'm sure that the testing logic is correct.  In our test bed we are
using the generated order test number.  An order was placed before and
after the order that had problems.  I placed the order before, the
client placed the next order (the one with the problem) and then I
placed another order (we were testing the live Verisign account at the
time).  I receive the order emails during the testing phase and I
received the correct order email for all 3 orders.  I did not receive an
email with a duplicate order number.  The client was also able to place
orders before this order and after this order with the correct amounts
being stored in the database.

Our db *.txt files are set to not import on restart so we do not use
these files to store data.  The log, tracking.asc, and usertrack all
look correct for the sequence of orders.  The interesting point is that
the database record that has the problem shows the correct subtotal,
salestax, and shipping.  It's the total_cost field that only includes
the subtotal and salestax.

Thanks for your insight,
-Ron