[ic] question regarding item-change tag

Thu Apr 4 23:18:00 2002

Quoting Mathew Jones (mat@booksellersolutions.com):
> I am using IC 4.8.3 on RedHat Linux, with mySQL.
>
> I am using the [item-change] tag and want to display additional
> information, which is stored in another table, when  the title of an
> item changes.
> Below is a snippet of my code which gives an idea of what I am trying to do:
>

> [item-change 1][condition][item-field title][/condition]

> [query sql="select * from annotations where title = '[item-field
> title]'" list=1]
> [sql-param annotation][/query]</td>
>
> [/item-change 1]
>
> The [item-field title] tag, within the [query] tag, is not being parsed.

A semantic distinction here -- it would not be parsed but substituted
for. That is important in this case.

You don't mention, but I assume the other instances are substituted for?
If so, there is a typo somewhere, for they are substituted in the same pass.

I don't know what did your wrapping in the example above, but a non-visible
but non-whitespace character could cause that problem.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Prove you aren't stupid.  Say NO to Passport.