[ic] how and where can I force the use of a different Perl location.

Boyd Lynn Gerber interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 15:21:01 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Boyd Lynn Gerber (gerberb@zenez.com):
> > I know this will not be a problem for most users.  I have interchange
> > working great under Normal mode on OpenUNIX 8.  The problem is My credit
> > card vendor does not support my OS.  They do have a perl library and
> > programs for linux.  I can run these programs in Linux Kernel
> > Personality(LKP).  I have tried to have interchange just run the linux
> > perl with these with out success.  So what I thought may work is to for
> > all of interchange to run in linux mode.  To do it I add
> > /linux/location/of/perl and then the linux version of perl seems to run.
> > Where does interchange determine the perl location.  It appears to be more
> > than one place.
>
> Really, it is one place unless you consider the support scripts. You can
> do it from the command line to try it out:
>
> 	/linux/location/of/perl bin/interchange -restart
>
> If you want to change it in the scripts, just edit the first line of the
> bin/* scripts.

Thanks, that is what I have been trying.  I also found I have to use the
following as interchange-local with /linux/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL `cat
interchange-local` .

PREFIX=/linux/usr/local/interchange.new \
INSTALLPRIVLIB=/linux/usr/local/lib/perl5 \
INSTALLSCRIPT=/linux/usr/local/bin/interchange.new/bin \
INSTALLSITELIB=/linux/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl \
INSTALLBIN=/linux/usr/local/bin/interchange.new/bin \
INSTALLMAN1DIR=/linux/usr/local/man \
INSTALLMAN3DIR=/linux/usr/local/man/man3

This allows me to in the src directory to run successfully with all tests
passing.

$ /linux/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL `cat interchange-local`
$ make
$ make test

but

$make install

make install does not create the

/usr/local/interchange.new/bin

directory with the needed files in it.  I did copy the files from the
Normal mode and edited them and it seems to work.  I was just curious now
as to why the bin directory and file are not created.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044