[ic] quite list

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 12:19:00 2002

I would like to point out how quite this list has been the last couple of
days. I only want to express my opinion to the members as to why this may
be.

There is a monthly email that I think Mike forwards every so often, about
the guidelines of the list. It seems we have had some new members that have
not seen it yet.

The members of this list (red hat employees or not) are not being paid, and
are basically helping us out because they are giving individuals, and want
to see Interchange succeed. Except for maybe Mike, I think I saw him driving
a swanky Rolls Royce the other day. They by no means "have" to help us with
anything. So in order to make helping others, and life in general easier,
they have deployed rules that make helping others efficient.

Simple things like "top quoting", where you leave most of the persons
question and/or answer intact ABOVE! your new input:

----------------
>how do I make it so I can select different flypages
>for different products
>thanks for any help
>   Joe

Hi Joe

try PageSelectField foo in catalog.cfg

paul
-----------------------

Also, always hit reply to a message that you want to advise on, so the
header will make sense, and will be thread able.

There are more of these little things that us mere humans must abide by if
we want to entice the help of the Greats, like Ed Lafrance, Mike Heins,
Kevin Walsh, Racke, etc etc etc.

[if reader eq Mike Heins]
yes Mike, the order above is random, :)
[else]
yes, that Ed Lafrance is Great!
[/else]
[/if]

As you can imagine, little things like this are super conducive to effective
good will. little !things like this make people bring a machine gun to work
and mow down their fellow employees. :)

So please read this:

http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg10876.html

Thanks