[ic] quite list

Honest to Goodness interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 13:52:00 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 12:18, Paul Jordan wrote:

> Also, always hit reply to a message that you want to advise on, so the
> header will make sense, and will be thread able.
>
> There are more of these little things that us mere humans must abide by if
> we want to entice the help of the Greats, like Ed Lafrance, Mike Heins,
> Kevin Walsh, Racke, etc etc etc.

One of the tricks I use is to encapsulate as much of the question as you
can in the subject line. This helps others to find what they're looking
for when they search the archive, and also helps the experts keep the
discussions nice and linear.

When I search the archive it's rarely for terms like "HELP! WHAT HAVE I
DONE!!?" even though the answers are sometimes there.

For the same reasons it's important not to let typos creep into the
subject line, it can quite mask the real topic of the thread.