[ic] What database should I use

Mike Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Apr 13 16:18:01 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ulf Holt" <ulf.holt@onsite-data.no>
To: <interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 1:59 AM
Subject: [ic] What database should I use

> I am not very deep into databases, and as far as I know, most people use
MySQL for IC, but some of my friends tell me that postgresql is better and
more reliable. I know just enough about MySQL to crate a database and give a
user access (hope I don't give to much accesss - is there anything I must do
to prevent external users to get access to the database?), but I know
nothing about postgresql. So far I am just playing around trying to learn
how to us IC, but later on I will go online, so I have to concider
reliability, backup etc.