[ic] Now: Re: Charging sales tax to Billing State

Tue Apr 16 01:22:01 2002

Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:41:47AM -0400, Rick Shank wrote:
> >
> > Well, I guess I mixed up what I was asking.  The technically correct way
> > to charge sales tax is the the purchaser, not necessarily the receiver.
> > So, if the billing state is filled in, then sales tax should be calculated
> > to this, if not, then assume that Billing Address == Shipping Address, so
> > calculate based on the Shipping State.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to implement this easily?
>
> That is not true in all states.  At least here in maine sales tax goes
> according to shipping address.  So if you buy out of state but ship to maine
> it is taxable.
>
> easily?

In catalog.cfg:

	SalesTax   tax_state

At top of checkout.html and appropriate place in etc/profiles.order:

	[if value b_state]
		[value name=tax_state set="[value b_state]" hide=1]
	[else]
		[value name=tax_state set="[value state]" hide=1]
	[/else]
	[/if]

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown