[ic] Category Pop Up

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 20:31:00 2002

> Check out the category listing on RedHats Demo Site, I modified it with a
> dynamic html menu.  Kinda cool, I'll keep putting it back on there when it
> gets erased all today, I think that would make a great add-on to the
> foundation store :)

I'm sure that nobody will be surprised to find that the menu has
been written in such a way that it completely fails to show up
in Opera and on a WebTV.  It appears to work on IE and Netscrape,
as long as you have JavaScript switched on.

If a visitor dares to turn up with a non-supported browser, or with
JavaScript switched off, then no category navigation links will be
presented at all.

Also, if a visitor switches cookie support off, then every time they
click on one of those menu links, they will get a new session ID
and their cart contents will get lost.

As some people may already know, I'm not a fan of JavaScript menus.