[ic] Category Pop Up

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 21:02:01 2002

I gotta respond to this and say, Duh, of course it doesn't work any anything
but IE and Netscape...

http://www.echoecho.com/ - Proves that more then half of people using the
web use the supported browser, and beyond that (I haven't made this yet) its
really easy to just add in the old text based category listing inside of a
<noscript> tag, being a fan of javascript or not, you know that THAT would
work.  If someone switches OFF cookies then who cares?  If someone is smart
enough to turn cookies off, then they can turn them back on again to go
shopping.  I have turned cookies off and the web is not a nice place to surf
with cookies turned off.  I think its just a great idea to have dynamic
menus in IC since I've seen them all over the place on the web.

Look at the foundation store, you can't see all of the categories on one
page to begin with, and so theres a natural progression to something else
that lets your customers see and navigate things alot easier.  If you were a
customer of a store with javascript menus, as opposed to bulky large menus,
I can tell you right now I would go with the javascript menus simply because
its cleaner, and easier to navigate which = more sales.

Brendan Crosser-McGay
brendan@paymentonline.com