[ic] virtual hosting of IC - server downtime, etc.

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Apr 20 13:38:01 2002

> At 02:18 AM 4/20/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >I am using IC in a virtual hosting environment.  Well at least I was
> >until a few days ago.  The server is running Linux and I have access to
> >IC 4.8.3 through CPanel.  I have no root access.  Up until now, I have
> >had my site and store up and running, and all was ok.  Suddenly, I can't
> >access the interchange part of my site at all nor the administrative
> >login.  I get the following error:  Undefined catalog:
> >/~myuserid/cgi-bin/cart.cgi
> >
> >My web host company stated the following to me  "If you can access your
> >site but cannot access the cart files, then it's not a problem with the
> >server. It's an Interchange related problem. We can't support that or
> >gaurantee it."
> >
> >So this is where I'm at.  I'm open to all your suggestions. If this
> >downtime is a regular occurrence, then I have to find another solution.
> >

> >Thanks!
> >
> >Dan

It has been said before that this list shouldn't shouldn't discuss hosting,
so we should probably end the "hosting" part of this thread before we anger
the IC Gods :)

Long story short Dan, there are some great deals out there $ wise, like with
rack host, or whoever, but nothing beats a host that supports, KNOWS, and
centers hosting around IC. There are some on this list. If you would like to
contact me off list, I can recommend a great one. I was in your boat, then I
switched, and it made all the difference.

Paul