[ic] Bug or Safety Feature?

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 22:37:00 2002

I found the problem, it was the [item-options] tag in the log-transaction
file.  Does anyone know why the [item-options] tag will not display the
contents of a text widget with a variable value in it?

Example:  I make a product with an option.  This option is a text widget
called "Engraving".  I want my product to have the option of letting people
choose what is engraved upon the product.  After making the product and the
options, I go through a test transaction to make sure that it works.  I
click on the item flypage, enter in the text I want engraved for this
product, then hit buy.  The text value stays the same when I get to the
checkout page.  After filling out my information on the checkout page and
hitting submit.  I see the receipt page, however something is missing.  The
receipt only shows the name of the option "Engraving" it doesn't show the
value of "Engraving".  This is the same for the report, the email receipt,
and the order logging interface in the IC Admin Area.

Does anyone have a reason why this is?

I found a way around this limitation of the [item-option] tag but it
involves using a
[if-item-modifier] tag containing [item-modifier Engraving] for each place
the option is displayed that I have, which is not a fun thing to do.

I also have discovered that the [item-option] tag will display text widget
information IF, and ONLY IF, the data is listed in the options table as one
of the predefined values for that option, thats completely useless if the
option is being used for personalized things such as names or the like.

Brendan Crosser-McGay
brendan@paymentonline.com