[ic] ic 4.8.5 - session id in one-click searches

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 1 08:42:02 2002

> Hi... I'm very close to opening my store. I want to avoid lost sessions
> for those who disable cookies. My questions is regarding
> one-click searches.
>
> Is it wise to include
> mv_session_id=[data session id]
> in my search URL like this:
>
> <A
> HREF="/cgi-bin/store/scan/ml=20/st=text/sf=prod_group/se=Stuff/mv_
> searchspec=Test/mv_session_id=[data
> session id]"Click</A>
>
> instead of not including it like this:
>
> <A
> HREF="/cgi-bin/store/scan/ml=20/st=text/sf=prod_group/se=Stuff/mv_
> searchspec=Test"Click</A>
>
> And is there a two letter abbreviation for mv_session_id ? I saw none in
> the docs.

Since you appear to be doing this from an interchange page, it would be
better to use:

				st=text
				sf=prod_group
				se=Stuff
				se=Test"]">click</a>

which will generate the appropriate link, including the id.

You would usually only expand it manually as you have done above if you were
calling an ic page from a static page outside the control of ic.

HTH.

Jonathan
Webmaint.