[ic] How to delete additional shipping addresses?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 1 10:51:03 2002

At 05:03 AM 8/1/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi, I'm using IC 4.8.5, and I would like to provide a means to allow
>users to delete an additional shipping address that had been created.
>
>I can't find any relevant codes for the deletion (can only find
>set_shipping, get_shipping, get_shipping_names), and I'm unfamiliar
>with blob (I'm using mysql, and there's an address_book blob field).
>Adding and Editing should be relatively easier (I think).  But I just
>can't figure out the commands to use for deletion.  I noticed the
>ship_addresses_removed.html file, but it doesn't seem to be called by
>any pages at all.  Not even at the UI.  The UI also only allowed for
>adding/editing, but no deleting.
>
>Any pointers?

Long ago in the "simple" Minivend demo there was a full-blown
implementation of managing alternate shipping and billing addresses:
add/edit/delete. At that time everything was stored in the userdb; since
then I think the scheme has become a bit more elaborate, but the same tools
should be usable. I suggest you ftp a copy of the simple demo, unpack it
and take a look at the address management code on the checkout page.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax