[ic] Multipal DB servers

Dan Browning interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 2 13:10:04 2002

At 12:04 PM 8/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Now that is cool. Anywhere I can get info on setting this up? Would be
>great to take advantage of mysql's speed on table that are mostly static
>and use postgresql for stuff that you would like to use transactions on.
>This is of course if you do not want to use INNOdb on mysql for some reason.
>
>Thanks very much.
>
>Rich
>
>P.S. not trying to start a PGSQL Vs. MYSQL debate here.

<interchange-users guidelines>
-- Contextual quoting is preferred, i.e.

                 Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
                 > Some limited text that will give context.

                 Your reply.

     versus

                 Your reply, lazily put at the top.

                 Quoting user1 (<user1@somedomain.redhat.com>):
                 > The whole big blob of the previous posts, including
                 > signatures and all

         In fact, the author of the program stops following a thread
         the moment this lazy quoting method is used. He figures that
         if you can't take half a minute of your time to save multiple
         minutes of the readers time, the heck with ya.
</interchange-users guidelines>

[I have a keyboard macro for pasting that now, because I do it so often.]

Setting up the databases is rather easy, IMHO.  The way foundation works is
if you have MYSQL defined (e.g. MYSQL 1), then it will include all files in
dbconf/mysql/*.mysql.  What you could do is tell it instead to do:

dbconf/mixed/*

And then copy in the different files you want from dbconf/pgsql/ and
dbconf/mysql/.  Of course, as always, TIMTOWTDI.  :-)

| Dan Browning, Kavod Technologies <db@kavod.com>
The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to
chance.