[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page

Mon Aug 5 02:03:00 2002

Quoting DB (DB@M-and-D.com):
> I was setting up a machine for a friend... fresh install of Win98
> updated to IE 6.0.2600.0000. I decided to try an order from my IC site.
> Sure enough, I got the "unable to display page" error when I hit the
> final Submit. If you go back and try again once or twice, it will go
> through.
>
> I have the suggested lines in my apache config file but this must be a
> new problem. In fact I'm wondering if I should hold off on opening my
> new site until a solution is found (if ever). Knowing that roughly 1 in
> 5 orders will have this problem is a very serious concern, no matter
> what the cause. Months of development down the tubes????

Folks, let's figure this one out. But we have to have some analysis....

First of all, we really need to know whether this occurs on all SSL
connections, and we need to know versions of HTTP servers. Not one
person has mentioned their version of Apache that I know of -- are these
Apache 2 servers, Apache 1.3.x, or what?

Those of you who have this problem should try some SSL posts to other
programs, other web servers, and everything.

The last time this happened it was an IE problem, and I don't suspect
anything different this time. Has anyone taken the time to look for
people having *general* SSL problems with IE and SSL? Has anyone
looked for log entries, both IC and httpd?

Analysis. It needs analysis.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>