[ic] TcpMap - (dash)

Orko interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 5 03:58:02 2002

<snip>

> > What does the dash mean?  I believe when I first set the UNIX mode
> > server up the original line was:
> > TcpMap 7786 -
> >
> > But when I compiled the tlink cgi I changed it to the port specified in
> > my config.h file for the tlink and the catalog is working as is.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any info,
> >

> This is documented in icconfig.

Thanks Mike, this is exactly the doc I read from before coming here. ;-)

If I'm reading this correctly, I shouldn't have to worry about a TcpMap
when using a tlink. Okay, I can hang with that.  But what does the dash
actually mean?  Does it mean 'all catalogs are mapped to this port when
in UNIX mode', or the 'mv_admin functions are using this port', or
something else?  Quoting from the docs you are referring to:

******
To use the internal HTTP server (perhaps only for password-protected
queries), a catalog may be mapped to a port. If three catalogs were
running on the server www.akopia.com, named simple, sample, and search,
the directive might look like this:

TcpMap    7786 -  7787 simple 7788 sample 7789 search
******

... I still don't get it.  I guess my question is, should I worry about
what the TcpMap is set to when running in INET mode, or just take the
TcpMap configuration line out altogether since it's not needed in INET?

Thanks for putting up with me ;-)

-- orko