[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page - OT

Aaron Kemp interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 5 16:25:01 2002

Jumping in here because this is getting silly.

On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 19:36, Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> I can follow you. But what should I tell to my client, who is paying me
> for my life? Most visitor, who is visiting the IC shop/catalog with IE
> and some IE version are not able to go into the checkout page and they
> get the "page not found" page.
>
> My client is crying something else like "Your E-Commerce solutions is
> not working ..." or " ...we have lost our big purchaser/taker ..." and
> so on. It seems to me, we have a problem with that kind of problem
> outside of interchange. I've no right idea to handle right with that
> kind of problem.

Well, you could tell them that IE doesn't support SSL properly.
Sourceforge has a nice little message about that on their site.
It's not like interchange is the only product that has difficulties with
broken browsers.

I know they won't want to hear it, and I understand you don't want to
tell them that, but people complaining to *Microsoft* is the only way to
fix their browser.  It's unfortunate that the rest of the world has to
engineer around their mistakes.

The one that pisses me off is their lack of proper PNG support.  I know
that's not as important as SSL, but...

Aaron