[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page - OT

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 6 06:16:02 2002

Aaron Kemp wrote:
> Jumping in here because this is getting silly.
>
> On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 19:36, Joachim Leidinger wrote:
>
>>I can follow you. But what should I tell to my client, who is paying me
>>for my life? Most visitor, who is visiting the IC shop/catalog with IE
>>and some IE version are not able to go into the checkout page and they
>>get the "page not found" page.
>>
>>My client is crying something else like "Your E-Commerce solutions is
>>not working ..." or " ...we have lost our big purchaser/taker ..." and
>>so on. It seems to me, we have a problem with that kind of problem
>>outside of interchange. I've no right idea to handle right with that
>>kind of problem.
>

> Well, you could tell them that IE doesn't support SSL properly.
> Sourceforge has a nice little message about that on their site.
> It's not like interchange is the only product that has difficulties with
> broken browsers.
>
> I know they won't want to hear it, and I understand you don't want to
> tell them that, but people complaining to *Microsoft* is the only way to
> fix their browser.  It's unfortunate that the rest of the world has to
> engineer around their mistakes.
>
> The one that pisses me off is their lack of proper PNG support.  I know
> that's not as important as SSL, but...
>
> Aaron

Hi Aaron,

are you so kind to give us the URL, where I can find the informations?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]