[ic] Secrets of the vlink program...

Ubi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 6 03:13:01 2002

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Mark Jaffe wrote:

> Well, UI have finally gotten the foundation store to execute on my
> server,
> but there is a way to go for full functionality. I was able to make it
> work
> not through the makecat program, which is too complicated and not well
> documented. I took a directory which had been made from a failed
> installation and moved it into the interchange user space, then fiddled
> with
> mysql and missing perl modules until the server started.

> But now it will not work completely. I think it is because part of the
> installation makes a binary which I believe is pointed to the wrong
> place.
> Can someone explain how this can be tweaked or created outside the
> makecat process?

> The URL is http://www.geminimanor.com/gem1/

 Up to ver 4.6.5 (but almost certainly also with the current one)
you can easily compile the vlink program going into the
directory where the source is and setting up only one variable before
doing this (it is the path of the socket file used by Interchange).

 You will find which is the missing variable (I do not remember the name)
if you try to compile first; the error should be self-explanatory.

    Ubi