[ic] Trying to import 50,000 items

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Aug 6 10:52:00 2002

At 03:06 AM 8/6/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I am trying to import a catalog of roughly 50,000 items and I am finding
>the import from the admin ui too slow (timing out on webserver). Database
>is PostgreSQL 7.1.3 and Interchange 4.8.3.  Is there a command line
>utility to allow this from a tab delineated file.  Also, curiosity
>question.  For those other people that have done the same, roughly how
>long did it take for your import to finish.
>
>Thank you,
>Nicholas Cook

With MySQL and large tables, I usually ftp or scp the source text file
containing the data into the catalog's products directory, delete the
marker file (tablename.sql), and reconfigure the catalog. This causes an
new MySQL table to be build from the text file (assuming that NoImport is
not set for the table in question).

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax