[ic] Foundation Store -> New Fields

Rene Hertell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 09:25:01 2002

> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been customizing the foundation store and read in the catalog
> > building tutorial (section 5.1) where new fields/colums may be added.
> > added about 6 fields/columns and provided names I thought would
> unlikely
> > conflict with any variables etc (ie: feat1, feat2 etc) but could not
> > import the table!? (I had the proper TAB delimited format because I've
> > done this several times).
> >
> > I get an admin error like this:
> >
> > FATAL error
> >
> > There is no column named 'feat1' at
> > /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line
> > 232,  line 1.
> >
> > Did you update the databse definitions file in the dbconf folder?
>
> Hi John,
>
> I was unaware of the database definition stuff you mentioned but just
> had a look in the dbconf folder and could not find it? There was a
> products.dbm but that didn't have any field definitions in it? What do
> you suggest?
>
> Thanks!

Ian,

as you see, I modified your reply to fit into the quoting rules of this
list...

First, you did not tell us what kind of database you are using (Postgres,
mysql or the default). I'll explain how to do it with postgres (Mysql should
be the same procedure)

If you are using postgres or Mysql, the you should  specify the
field-setting into the table you are adding the fields to (eg.
products.pgsql in the dbconf/pgsql directory). If you don't want to add a
special field (other that a text-field), then updating the products.txt file
with the new fields is enough (remember to export the table into the
txt-file before you update, in other vice you'll loose your most recent
data).

When you got the products.txt file updated, then you have to remove the
products.sql file before you restart IC.

Hope this helps

Rene