[ic] flypage as form's failpage - lose item data

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 13:16:00 2002

 Ed LaFrance wrote:
> At 08:52 AM 08/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have a couple of small forms on the flypage which people
> >are leaving out crucial data on.  so, I figured that's a simple
> >thing to fix..... added a [set] for the form profile
> >
> >that part works fine, but since the flypage is the failpage,
> >when the form fails, you get a "process" page and the
> >flypage's layout with no item data
> >
> >is there a way to have an item page be the flypage?
> >
> >thanks,
> >Aaron
> >=================================
> >here's what I did:
> >
> >[set Check_form]
> >&fail=@@MV_PAGE@@
> >friend_send_email=required
> >friend_email=required
> >&fatal=1
> >[/set]
> >
> ><!--form stuff-->
> ><input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile value="Check_form">
> >==================================
>
> Perhaps you could specify the form action differently?:
>
> <form action="[area [item-code]]" method=post>
>

> - Ed L.

the form is *supposed* to go to another page..... the problem
is with the "&fail=@@MV_PAGE@@" for the form profile
when the page refreshes, you ONLY get the flypage, and lose
the item.
I also tried "&fail=[item-code]" and various other things.  but
the closest I got was the [item-code] and what you got was the
page title to say that item, and center content of the page was
blank.

thanks!
Aaron