[ic] flypage as form's failpage - lose item data

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 13:45:00 2002

At 01:15 PM 08/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>  Ed LaFrance wrote:
> > At 08:52 AM 08/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >I have a couple of small forms on the flypage which people
> > >are leaving out crucial data on.  so, I figured that's a simple
> > >thing to fix..... added a [set] for the form profile
> > >
> > >that part works fine, but since the flypage is the failpage,
> > >when the form fails, you get a "process" page and the
> > >flypage's layout with no item data
> > >
> > >is there a way to have an item page be the flypage?
> > >
> > >thanks,
> > >Aaron
> > >=================================
> > >here's what I did:
> > >
> > >[set Check_form]
> > >&fail=@@MV_PAGE@@
> > >friend_send_email=required
> > >friend_email=required
> > >&fatal=1
> > >[/set]
> > >
> > ><!--form stuff-->
> > ><input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile value="Check_form">
> > >==================================
> >
> > Perhaps you could specify the form action differently?:
> >
> > <form action="[area [item-code]]" method=post>
> >

> > - Ed L.
>
>the form is *supposed* to go to another page..... the problem
>is with the "&fail=@@MV_PAGE@@" for the form profile
>when the page refreshes, you ONLY get the flypage, and lose
>the item.
>I also tried "&fail=[item-code]" and various other things.  but
>the closest I got was the [item-code] and what you got was the
>page title to say that item, and center content of the page was
>blank.
>
>thanks!
>Aaron

How about using the form action as I specified above, then in the profile:

&fail = @@MV_PAGE@@
&success = your_target_page

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax