[ic] newbie editing the foundation demo

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 7 17:13:01 2002

> i'm an interchange newbie changing the foundation demo for my company's
> purposes.  most everything i've been able to figure out on my own, except
> this.  when they do a search i need the results.html page to
> print out what
> the user searched for, i.e. if they searched for "purple dogs", i need to
> print "purple dogs" on the page.  can anyone help me?  so far
> i've been able
> to figure out that I need to do something with the variables se or
> mv_searchspec, but haven't been able to figure out exactly how to
> do it.  if
> any of you could help me out, i'd greatly appreciate it.

I have used this code previously to get the first four mv_searchspecs (se=)
from the search:

[value name=sarg0 set='[value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=0]' hide=1]
[value name=sarg1 set='[value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=1]' hide=1]
[value name=sarg2 set='[value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=2]' hide=1]
[value name=sarg3 set='[value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=3]' hide=1]

These are then available as [value sarg0] to [value sarg3].

Jonathan
Webmaint.