[ic] tax based on shipping mode and state...

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 8 10:58:01 2002

At 10:01 PM 8/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to be able to tax based on the state of the shipping address,
>and/or the shipping mode. (one of my shipping modes is a drive through
>pick up window) so if someone puts in an out of state shipping address,
>they still need to pay this tax.
>
>how would I approch this?
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Rick Bragg

You really can have your choice of methods. Just peruse the docs on the
SalesTax and SalesTaxFunction directives:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig05.67
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig05.68

SalesTax can take an ITL tag as it's argument, which means that you could
just mix some [if],[seti] and [calc] to figure the salestax amount, and put
it in a scratch var to be read by the SalesTax directive. More elegant
would be to write a SalesTaxFunction which does a lookup or calculation
after checking the current shipmode to see which locality should be used as
the tax basis.

There are no doubt many other ways. Choosing the one which works best for
you is mostly a matter of your preference.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax