[ic] Stupid trick: mixing PHP/Interchange

John Beima interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 8 11:19:00 2002

> Hello list,
>
> URLs processed by interchange are prepended the root of the store, and
> appended with .html. For example, if we specify
>
> 	page_to_call.php
>
> we do not always want interchange to call
>
> 	http://hostname/cgi-bin/store/page_to_call.php.html
>
> The following stupid trick provides a workaround: we can tell IC to link to
>

> 	../../store/page_to_call.php?phpdummy=x
>
> which IC will translate to
>
> 	http://hostname/store/page_to_call.php?phpdummy=x.html
>
> Note that this might not be the most secure way to call the php page. If
> anyone has a prettier way to do this, please reply to this list.

Yes the simplier way is to just not use the area tag. If you setup your own tags
like this:

<A HREF="http:__SERVER_NAME__/page_to_call.php">Page To Call</A>

Interchange will leave it alone.

You can even pass the session number by changing it to:

<A HREF="http:__SERVER_NAME__/page_to_call.php?mv_session_id=[data session
id]&">Page To Call</A>

You will just have to maintain the session variable yourself, since you are not
runnig that page through the Interchange server.

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603