[ic] O-oh: IC newbie customizing inventory control

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 8 11:22:00 2002

At 11:13 AM 8/8/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello group,
>
>At our company we are trying to customize the inventory control of
>interchange to fit our needs. (More background info is in the end of this
>post).
>
>I'm customizing order_status.html. This allows button 'Ship checked order
>lines, send email to customer if appropriate' to nicely log the amounts being
>shipped. I would like the buttons 'Update status of line N' to do the same,
>but where can I find the code that handles the update?
>
>Viewing the page source shows the following HTML for the button:
><INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Update status of line 1">
>
>The FORM tag says
><FORM METHOD=POST
>ACTION="http://localhost.localdomain/cgi-bin/store/ui.html....">
>
>Page ui.html does not exist anywhere on my machine, how do I find out which
>page Interchange loads instead? (The same goes for process.html)?
>
>Regards,
>Marc Brevoort
>--
>
>We want our inventory process to closely match reality: Our inventory table
>represents the real (physical) stock. When the order status changes, the
>amount of items involved is logged. These numbers are used to calculate how
>much items *should* be in stock. The stock changes are regularly confirmed
>after which the inventory table is updated to represent the actual stock
>again, and the logs are cleared.

ui.html is one of those virtual target pages in Interchange, like
'process'. The real 'target' page is set by mv_nextpage in the form for
updating line-item status. Also, that form does a direct table update via
mv_todo=set, so you'll probably need to add an mv_check call to handle the
logging of shipped amounts.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax