[ic] [ic][OT] unwanted mailinglist subscriptions

Jon Jensen interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 9 12:32:00 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> With that in consideration, I do not believe anyone would argue that
> there was not at least an appearance of a major rush to move everything,
> including this list, off the Redhat domain and servers, correct?

There is no major rush to move anything. Interchange is moving along fine.
Did anyone notice the announcement of the Interchange Developer Group? I
thought that would clarify some things:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-announce/2002/000026.html

> So, if Redhat has in fact washed their hands of IC, one could speculate
> an end of their obligation to any perceived rights of privacy with their
> copy of the mailing list.

An obligation to protect private information never ends as long as you
have the data. Whether you're "actively involved" with something has
nothing to do with it. And at any rate, neither Red Hat nor the
Interchange Developer Group is the least bit interested in divulging the
membership of these mailing lists. If you don't believe me despite having
no evidence to the contrary, you're free to unsubscribe at any time.

Jon