[ic] [ic][OT] unwanted mailinglist subscriptions

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 8 20:07:00 2002

Jon Jensen wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:
>

>>>..and they are using the same mailing list software as the Interchange
>>>lists were/are. It makes me wonder if somehow, someone got their hands
>>>on the IC list subscription tables...
>>>

>>Interesting thought, perhaps Redhat sold us out, literally...
>>

>What are you talking about? Are you making an accusation?

Too much caffeine today :-) ?

Not an accusation, an observation of what may have occurred.

One could easily conclude, since Interchange is no longer listed under
the Software tab, details of IC can only be found using the search
engine, and that numerous other competing products are for sale under
the Solutions Market Place > E-Commerce tab, that Redhat is basically
dumping, or at a minimum, pushing aside, Interchange.

With that in consideration, I do not believe anyone would argue that
there was not at least an appearance of a major rush to move everything,
including this list, off the Redhat domain and servers, correct?

So, if Redhat has in fact washed their hands of IC, one could speculate
an end of their obligation to any perceived rights of privacy with their
copy of the mailing list.

If you recall the thread, I was not the one that suggested that someone
may have gotten their hands on an older subscription list...  Since you
appeared quick to reach, perhaps you might be in a position to clarify a
little of everything?

Regards,

Barry