[ic] Internet Explorer 6.0.2600.0000IC and W2K can't display a secure page

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 9 21:21:00 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:47:09PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting DB (DB@M-and-D.com):
> > > If you haven't figured it out by now, IC has nothing to do with the
> > > error. Any similar size page connected to a CGI would have a problem.
> > >
> > > I would suggest changing link programs to mod_interchange or tlink.pl
> > > as a try.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mike Heins
> > > Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> > > phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>
> >
> > I set up a test page to see if I can get the error to occur on a non-ic
> > page. On a normal (non secure, non ic) page I have a form. That form
> > calls a secure cgi script which searches a database. I did a search on
> > that page which returned 300 matches resulting in a large page. But I
> > did not get the "can't display page" error.
> >
> > So far I've only seen this error happen on my IC site. Does my above
> > test fit what you described in the 1st paragraph above? The URL for my
> > non-ic test cgi page is below.. use the first search box and click
> > Search with the text field empty.
> >
> > http://m-and-d.com/search2.shtml
> >
> > Still stumped....
>
> Have you tried tlink.pl or mod_interchange?
>
> The thing I think is happening is that a SIGPIPE is coming in and
> stopping the transaction.

I noted that a similar error might have been happening with Roxen and
IE (but not mozilla).  Turns out not to be the case.  Just my error;
I'd ifconfiged a backup ssl server on same ip.  SSL didn't like that.
:-)