[ic] Accounting?

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 12 10:59:00 2002

Dan Browning wrote:

> At 09:42 PM 8/11/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>
>> I'm curious to know how Interchange handles transactions. Is there any
>> ledger type accounting included?
>

> Interchange does a lot, but it doesn't try to do all the accounting
> (GL, AR, etc.) itself.  For Quickbooks, the extensions/quickbooks
> directory in the tarball has been around for quite some time.  More
> recently, Mike Heins has been working on a SQL-Ledger module
> originally written by Daniel Thompson <danht@callthenet.com>.
> Checkout the latest 4.9 CVS to test that out.
>
>> If not, how difficult would it be to
>> integrate with a third party accounting system?  If anyone knows of any
>> open source Perl Accounting scripts, please reply.
>

> SQL-Ledger is written in Perl.  I highly recommend another open source
> accounting/ERP/CRM system, Compiere (http://www.compiere.org).
> Compiere developers are interested in integrating it with IC (its
> about 50% down the TODO list), but it hasn't been started yet.
> Another option available to you is engaging a competent IC consultant
> to integrate IC with whatever backend you want (i.e. already use).
> There have been two integrations with MAS90, another via DBI::Proxy
> (forgot the backend name), and many others I'm sure done by various
> consultants.

Compiere does have a lot of promise, but the challenge is that it is not
a ERP system yet as it hasn't any manufacturing or MRP systems at least
as the last time I exchanged messages with the developer back in June...

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028