[ic] get data from en extra table

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Aug 12 18:54:07 2002

Andrei Gologan wrote:
> Hallo
>
> I added an extra table to the IC, it shows up in the adminUI and works there
> just fine.
> But I cannot get anything from it on the shop side. It is as if were not
> there.
>
> do the names of the columns have to be unique all over the tables ?
> Is there any other palce I need to add the table so IC knows its there ?
>
> I made an dbconf/mysql/table.mysql file.
> When I change the data it also changes the products/table.txt which seems
> ok.
>
> Any pointers would be apreciated, I´ve read a few hours of docu and mailling
> list, and I think I am missing something (as allways)

If you use the extra table beside the standard table products, maybe you
are missing something like

ProductFiles   products <EXTRATABLE>

?

Where did you are missing that extra table? If you want to search
anything from that extra table, did you use a special page to use that
table? Maybe, you are missing a line like

<input type="hidden" name="mv_search_file" value="EXTRATABLE">

in that extra page, if you using a form page for any searching of
anything from that table? Remember...the scan param for mv_search_file
is "fi"!

How did you try to get anything from that extra table?

I'm missing my crystall ball! ;-)

Don't misunderstand me please!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]