[ic] consignment users

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 14 10:21:01 2002

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 10:04:07AM -0400, Bradley Glonka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We'd like to use one interchange store to manage multiple users who sell
> items on consignment.  Ideally these users would have the following
> functionality.
>
> - Login via admin interface and only manipulate
>   items that belong to them. Also they'll need
>   to add new items.
>
> - Receive orders that belong to them via email or
>   admin interface.
>
> - Have a URL, search sting, page they could give to
>   their client to show only their items.  We tried
>   using category or product group, but we need those
>   fields for overall organization of the site.
>
> - Reports based on consignee.
>
> Can anyone clue me in on how to achieve any of these items?

It can be done but it is a lot of work.  Just consider, for example,
how you will teach these consignment users to use encrypted email.
You'll want entirely "virtual" catalogs.  All your items need
enterprise keys because skus will no longer be unique, etc....
An Amazon zShop is what, $29.95 a month or something?  It's
easy to offer better functionality than that but you will still
be hemmed in by that price.