[ic] PGP error and credit card encryption

Rick interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 14 15:33:01 2002

I've been looking at the cc encryption problem to the point of wanting
to take out my laptop and do a letterman off the top of a big cliff. For
the purposes of allowing someone to find this info, as I could not, I am
placing it here.

If, on checkout, you are getting no error and the order is not
processed. Or, you are getting PGP error 131072 this may help.

Check your catalog/tmp directory and see if you are getting any pgp<bla
bla bla>.err files. These may help. Yea sure, you would expect to see
those errors in the error log, but hey this is open source, it's free.
You may simply see PGP eror 131072 or even no error at all.

The pgp progam (gpg in most of our cases) is run as the interchange
user. Therefore, it is that user's home that will be used to find the
keyrind directory (.gnupg). Well, my ISP does not allow me to add
keyrings to their interchange user's keyring directory, and they
shouldn't. What you have to do is set the config directive as follows:

EncryptProgram gpg --homedir /home/user/.gnupg --batch --always-trust -e
-a -r '0x12345678'

The key part being the --homedir /home/user/.gnupg.

If you are not on linux then I will leave it as an exercise for you to
figure out what the command line should be. Read the entry on
EncryptProgrma in the docs.

I really havn't screwed around with the routes. The default routes seem
to work great for my store.

I hope this helps somebody. It took quite a white to figure out to look
in the tmp directory for error files.

Interchange should have a better way to find the keyring files. Or,
perhaps a way to setup a public key file in the config itself.

-Rick
rick@epitomedesign.com