[ic] templates from 4.8.5 broken in 4.8.6

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 14 15:38:01 2002

>> I installed 4.8.6 over my existing 4.8.5. In the 4.8.6 admin GUI the
>> templates from my existing catalog appeared mostly blank and
>> the catalog
>> indeed appeared broken. I created a test catalog under 4.8.6
>> and all was
>> well including the templates.
>>

> I just upgraded to 4.8.6 and I am also have the same issue.
> I am not getting any of the client screen showing up besides the top menus.
>
> Everything else is gone.  I created a new catalog and it seemed to work
> fine.
> Copied over the previous catalog in the new catalog directory and it went
> blank like before.  Did some changes here and there, but nothing major.
> But my admin GUI works fine though.
>
> Any ideas Mike or anyone else?
>
> Thanks!!!
> Dennis Chen

After going back to 4.8.5, I decided to try again. I'm using the tarball
by the way. I just untarred 4.8.6 and ran the config. I did not run
makecat.. I left my existing catalog alone and then just restarted
interchange (leaving my existing interchange.cfg alone). This time,
everything works fine including templates and the GUI. I don't know why
it failed the first time ???? I'll leave that issue to those who have a
clue.

I did notice some differences in the ../catalogs/storename/templates/
files. For example, compare the leftright template from my old catalog:

---- Begin old leftright -----
[comment]
ui_template: leftright
ui_template_name: leftright
ui_template_layout: LEFTRIGHT_TOP, UI_CONTENT, LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM
ui_template_description: Page with top/left/right areas.
ui_template_limit_tag:
ui_template_version: 4.8.5

page_title:

members_only:

[/comment]
--- End old leftright ----

with that from a fresh foundation demo from 4.8.6

---- Begin new leftright ----
[comment]
ui_template: Yes
ui_template_name: leftright
ui_template_version: 4.7.3
ui_template_layout: LEFTRIGHT_TOP, UI_CONTENT, LEFTRIGHT_BOTTOM
ui_template_description: Page with top/left/right areas.

page_title:

members_only:
         widget: radio

[/comment]