[ic] MORE-LIST blowing apart past page 1

Ron Phipps interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Aug 14 19:49:09 2002

> From: Barry Treahy, Jr.
>
> Mike Heins wrote:
>
> >Quoting Barry Treahy, Jr. (Treahy@mmaz.com):
> >

> >>I thought I was proceeding pretty well until I found that my
> >>[more-list]'s were in fact not working...  The first page of the
loop is
> >>presented just fine, but if you clink for page 2 or Next, it is as
if
> >>there were no search qualifies provided which were successfully
applied
> >>for Page 1...
> >>
> >>An example of the complete loop in below, the 'more=1' was a recent
> >>addition after searching the archives, but that changed nothing.  In
the
> >>case example I'm working with the following CGI values exist from
the
> >>prior pages form and the scratch values were also processes and
> populated:
> >>
> >>BODY = 4HL
> >>GENDERS = F
> >>INTERFACES = SMA
> >>CONTACT = undefined
> >>
> >>Any thoughts?
> >>
> >>Barry
> >>
> >>[loop
> >>        prefix=CON
> >>

> >Where is your more=1?
> >

> Hi Mike,
>
> it was in the original post:
>
> [loop
>        prefix=CON
>        search="
>                fi=products
>                st=db
>                tf=category,sku
>                more=1
>                ml=15
>                co=yes
>
> What I suspect if the problem is that the variables feeding this
search
> are from the CGI and my guess is that on secondary loops through, the
> fact that the original hit to the page was a result of a forms post is
> lost, therefore when the attempts to [IF] on the CGI values occur,
they
> are null and therefore it pulls everything which is what I'm seeing...
>
> Is that in fact 'ball-park' and if so, thoughts?  What I'm suspecting
> I'll have to do is save the original CGI into SCRATCH variables and
then
> use them for them initial and secondary page references...  Is that
the
> ticket?
>
> Barry

Add your more=1 back into the loop tag and also pass a form parameter to
the loop tag with a list of your cgi variables like this:

form=|
	GENDERS=[cgi GENDERS]
	INTERFACES=[cgi INTERFACES]

The cgi variables will then survive the clicks through a more list.

I'm not sure why you are doing the following:

[if cgi GENDERS]
                ac=0
                sf=genders
                op=rm