[ic] Category search problems

interchange interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 15 01:17:01 2002

I am new to Interchange, and have not found my answer in the archives yet.
Hopefully somebody can answer my question, as dumb as it may be.

I am trying to set it up so that when somebody clicks on "Automotive" in the
menu on the left (foundation demo) it does a search on the product group
field of the products database and returns all the categories (as links) in
the Automotive product group.....instead of all the categories and all the
products in the categories. All I want it to return is the names of the
categories....kind of like a "browse for products". From there the customer
can click on the different categories to see a list of all the products in
that category.

I'm sure this topic has already been covered, but being new to IC, I'm not
even sure what I'm looking for when I search the mailing list archives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.