[ic] Category search problems

DB interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 15 07:37:02 2002

> I am new to Interchange, and have not found my answer in the archives yet.
> Hopefully somebody can answer my question, as dumb as it may be.
>
> I am trying to set it up so that when somebody clicks on "Automotive" in the
> menu on the left (foundation demo) it does a search on the product group
> field of the products database and returns all the categories (as links) in
> the Automotive product group.....instead of all the categories and all the
> products in the categories. All I want it to return is the names of the
> categories....kind of like a "browse for products". From there the customer
> can click on the different categories to see a list of all the products in
> that category.
>
> I'm sure this topic has already been covered, but being new to IC, I'm not
> even sure what I'm looking for when I search the mailing list archives.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated

To use IC you'll have to get used to searching the docs and trying a few
things. If you're stumped after that, post specific things you've tried.
The best place to start is the link below, and read though the links
under the "Search Engine" heading.

http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/documentation.html?document=icdatabase

DB