[ic] Well a little more progress (I think)

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 02:59:04 2002

Mr Lonnie Gardner wrote:
> I deleted everything and ran ./configure again and now
> I can restart the server and all but on restarting I
> get this error message in ssh
>
> Do you want me to start it as 'admin' now? [y]
> Killing Interchange server 2063 with TERM
> Low traffic settings.
> Calling UI......UI is loaded
> Interchange V4.8.5
> Configuring catalog foundation...foundation config
> error: Couldn't open
> '/home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs/foundation/products/variable.txt'
> read/write: permission denied at
> /usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line
> 872, <CONFIG> line 9
>
> foundation: error in configuration.  Skipping.
> foundation: config error.  Skipping.
> Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s)
> (process id 2069)
>
> If any can shed some light on this. I have changed
> permissions and everything over and over still nothing
> changes.
>
> still going after 3 days working on installing this
> and this is a far as I got
> www.cyber-help.com/foundation
>
> Thanks for any help someone can shed on this!!
>
> Lonnie.

I saw such messages often and it was answered often. In most common
case, you have a wrong permission. In most common case, a wrong username
is starting the IC server and the IC files or catalog files has the
permission for the other user. Never start IC as a root. Ever start the
IC server as a IC user. Never create or install the IC server and
catalogs as a root. If you have to install IC as a root, you have to
chown all IC files to another user, who use the IC server and create the
catalogs. For example

chown -R ic-owner:ic-group /path-to-the-ic
chown -R ic-owner:ic-group /path-to-the-catalogs

Joachim

BTW:
You can found more information at
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/mailinglists.html and use the
google search engine.

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[leidinger@bpanet.de]