[ic] Well a little more progress (I think)

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 11:11:00 2002

At 11:20 PM 08/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I deleted everything and ran ./configure again and now
>I can restart the server and all but on restarting I
>get this error message in ssh
>
>Do you want me to start it as 'admin' now? [y]
>Killing Interchange server 2063 with TERM
>Low traffic settings.
>Calling UI......UI is loaded
>Interchange V4.8.5
>Configuring catalog foundation...foundation config
>error: Couldn't open
>'/home/httpd/vhosts/default/htdocs/foundation/products/variable.txt'
>read/write: permission denied at
>/usr/local/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/Common.pm line
>872, <CONFIG> line 9
>
>foundation: error in configuration.  Skipping.
>foundation: config error.  Skipping.
>Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s)
>(process id 2069)
>
>If any can shed some light on this. I have changed
>permissions and everything over and over still nothing
>changes.
>
>still going after 3 days working on installing this
>and this is a far as I got
>www.cyber-help.com/foundation
>
>Thanks for any help someone can shed on this!!
>
>Lonnie.

Undoubtably this is a permissions issue. You can make things real simple,
permission-wise, if you install interchange from the tardist in your home
directory for you cyber-help.com html and cgi stuff (but NOT in the html or
cgi directories), under your own user ownership. Directories would be like:

Interchange install dir:        /home/yourdir/interchange
Catalogs dir:                   /home/yourdir/catalogs
HTML doc root:                  /home/yourdir/htdocs_dir
CGI dir:                        /home/yourdir/cgi-bin

...etc.

All files will be owned by youruserid.yourgroup, which essentially
eliminates any permissions concerns. Also, select UNIX mode when asked,
that will avoid the INET port issues. One stumbling point may be needed
Perl modules; thought the install script will attempt to install them
locally under your vendroot, it is better if the system Perl already has them.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax