[ic] Weird upgrade error - undefined catalog

Stephanie Smith interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 11:50:00 2002

We initially installed 4.8.5, and everything worked more or less as
expected. However, after upgrading to 4.8.6, we were no longer able to
create viable new catalogs. Any previously created ones were fine. New
ones would return the default undefined catalog error.

Being helpless myself at any lowlevel debugging, I turned this over to
Someone With a Clue, who discovered that interchange was now creating the
Unix domain sockets in /var/run/interchange, while the client binary was
looking for them in /usr/lib/interchange

So we symlinked them, and everything is groovey now.

Just thought I'd mention this, in case anyone else out there is tearing
their hair out over undefined catalogs which *do* have all the correct
permissions in place, and no typos in interchange.cfg

Steph

--

	 Stephanie Smith        02-08-16 | 11:41