[ic] Weird upgrade error - undefined catalog

John Beima interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 12:32:00 2002

Quoting Stephanie Smith <stephanie@thinkers.org>:

> We initially installed 4.8.5, and everything worked more or less as
> expected. However, after upgrading to 4.8.6, we were no longer able to
> create viable new catalogs. Any previously created ones were fine. New
> ones would return the default undefined catalog error.
>
> Being helpless myself at any lowlevel debugging, I turned this over to
> Someone With a Clue, who discovered that interchange was now creating the
> Unix domain sockets in /var/run/interchange, while the client binary was
> looking for them in /usr/lib/interchange
>
> So we symlinked them, and everything is groovey now.
>
> Just thought I'd mention this, in case anyone else out there is tearing
> their hair out over undefined catalogs which *do* have all the correct
> permissions in place, and no typos in interchange.cfg
>
> Steph

Just a quick question, when you upgraded your catalog, did you remember to
upgrade your vlink script as well?

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603