[ic] Catalog Creation

Marty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 18:45:01 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 14:23, Brandon Mercer wrote:
> I've created a catalog from scratch following the "Catalog-building
> Tutorial" to the T and I'm having a little trouble with something in my
> site.  When I click on items on my site to buy them, it directs me to
> the error page with the message, "the page (index.html/ord/basket)
> cannot be found."  Now, I've created the page pages/ord/basket.html, is
> this not what it's looking for?  Do I have to define something
> differently?  Thanks
> Brandon Mercer

Hi Brandon,

Actually, ord/basket.html should exist and does exist in the demo.
However, your catalog is looking for index.html/ord/basket. (which of
course is a mangled url)  It looks like your probably entered in an
incorrect value during makecat or perhaps during some other process.

You can examine the source of your page and see how it mangles the links
and try and find the error in the catalog.cfg (located in your catalog
directory) or variable.txt (located in the products subdirectory) files.

--
Marty Tennison	 	The Sediva Company