[ic] Catalog Creation

John Beima interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 21:00:01 2002

Quoting Marty <marty@sediva.com>:

> On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 14:23, Brandon Mercer wrote:
> > I've created a catalog from scratch following the "Catalog-building
> > Tutorial" to the T and I'm having a little trouble with something in my
> > site.  When I click on items on my site to buy them, it directs me to
> > the error page with the message, "the page (index.html/ord/basket)
> > cannot be found."  Now, I've created the page pages/ord/basket.html, is
> > this not what it's looking for?  Do I have to define something
> > differently?  Thanks
> > Brandon Mercer
> >
> Hi Brandon,
>
> Actually, ord/basket.html should exist and does exist in the demo.
> However, your catalog is looking for index.html/ord/basket. (which of
> course is a mangled url)  It looks like your probably entered in an
> incorrect value during makecat or perhaps during some other process.
>
> You can examine the source of your page and see how it mangles the links
> and try and find the error in the catalog.cfg (located in your catalog
> directory) or variable.txt (located in the products subdirectory) files.

I always love seeing answer from people who never actually paid attention to the
question... Since he created the catalog from scratch he never ran makecat.

Brandon,

Look in your catalog.cfg file and make sure you have the following paramters:

SpecialPage  catalog   index
SpecialPage  order     ord/basket
SpecialPage  checkout  ord/checkout
SpecialPage  report    ../etc/report
SpecialPage  receipt   ../etc/receipt

They define the basket and checkout pages.

ALWAYS VERY NICE to see someone creating a catalog from scratch! This will put
you well on your way to be a competitent Interchange user.

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603