[ic] Removing INET mode

Scot Wilcoxon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 18 13:25:01 2002

Mike's comment:
 > In addition, we recommend that if you don't need INET mode that
 > you disable it. In addition it would be wise to close port 7786
 > on the internet side of your firewall.

I haven't seen it stated, but I think the "INET" reference means "set
Inet_Mode to No in /etc/interchange.cfg or similar files."  But perhaps
there is something else called "INET" buried where I haven't yet found it.

"INET" is a convenient shorthand phrase to use among developers, but not
when issuing configuration instructions to all users.

(I am aware there can be several such files in one computer and
"interchange.cfg" is just the distributed example)