[ic] Removing INET mode

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 18 17:19:00 2002

At 12:24 PM 8/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Mike's comment:
> > In addition, we recommend that if you don't need INET mode that
> > you disable it. In addition it would be wise to close port 7786
> > on the internet side of your firewall.
>
>I haven't seen it stated, but I think the "INET" reference means "set
>Inet_Mode to No in /etc/interchange.cfg or similar files."  But perhaps
>there is something else called "INET" buried where I haven't yet found it.

Your guess was right:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig04.26

Plus, when you build a catalog with bin/makecat you can specify UNIX mode
instead instead of INET. I run nearly all catalogs in this mode. Finally,
you can always add the -u switch to the interchange startup command; that
forces a unix-mode run.

- Ed L.