[ic] ... charged 0 tax ...

Kari Suomela interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 18 15:26:01 2002

I asked about this previously, but so far have not been able to solve
it.

The catalog is located in CA, and all Canadian provinces have been set
to charge tax accordingly. However, when a customer enters the
Prov/State field, IC tells them every time: "You'll be charged 0 tax
since you're shipping to Ontario". This, of course, is not true at all.
Only shipments outside Canada are tax free. The page refreshes to
display correct settings, but I'd like to either get rid of the
misleading message, or make it display something sensible,

I have fiddled with the code below, but don't know enough not to screw
it up.

=== Cut ===
 <SCRIPT>    // JavaScript Form Validation Demo    // by Paul Colton
    function check_tax(form) {
        // Make sure the email field is not blank
        var foundState = false;
        var ch = form.state.value;
        ch = ch.toUpperCase();
  [loop list="__TAXAREA__"]
        if(ch == "[loop-code]") {
            alert("You will be charged [currency][fly-tax
[loop-code]][/currency] sales tax\nsince you are shipping to
[loop-code]. Click Recalculate to see the amount in your total.");
            foundState = true;
        }
  [/loop]
        return foundState;
    }
    </SCRIPT>

 KS

   KARICO Business Services
   Toronto, ON Canada
   http://www.karico.ca

   Improve your golf game - get the Pocket Pro Pack:
http://posdisplay.ca