[ic] ... charged 0 tax ...

Dan Browning interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 18 22:00:01 2002

At 03:17 PM 8/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I asked about this previously, but so far have not been able to solve
>it.
>
>The catalog is located in CA, and all Canadian provinces have been set
>to charge tax accordingly. However, when a customer enters the
>Prov/State field, IC tells them every time: "You'll be charged 0 tax
>since you're shipping to Ontario". This, of course, is not true at all.
>Only shipments outside Canada are tax free. The page refreshes to
>display correct settings, but I'd like to either get rid of the
>misleading message, or make it display something sensible,
>
>I have fiddled with the code below, but don't know enough not to screw
>it up.
>
>=== Cut ===
>  <SCRIPT>    // JavaScript Form Validation Demo    // by Paul Colton
>     function check_tax(form) {
>         // Make sure the email field is not blank
>         var foundState = false;
>         var ch = form.state.value;
>         ch = ch.toUpperCase();
>   [loop list="__TAXAREA__"]
>         if(ch == "[loop-code]") {
>             alert("You will be charged [currency][fly-tax
>[loop-code]][/currency] sales tax\nsince you are shipping to
>[loop-code]. Click Recalculate to see the amount in your total.");
>             foundState = true;
>         }
>   [/loop]
>         return foundState;
>     }
>     </SCRIPT>
>=== Cut ===

Like I said last time...

"This would happen if [fly-tax] gives you different results than [salestax]
(e.g. if you use [assign])."

You can either fix the fly-tax problem, or remove the amount from the
message.  What's the big mystery?

| Dan Browning, Kavod Technologies <db@kavod.com>
I see a good deal of talk from Washington about lowering taxes.  I hope
they do get 'em lowered enough so people can afford to pay 'em.
                 -- Will Rogers