[ic] Interchange with Phonecards

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Aug 18 23:53:01 2002

At 10:06 PM 8/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>We have a Phonecards store and we would like to offer
>our customers the ability to purchase our Phonecards
>online for convenience. I have installed Interchange
>on our server and was able to hook it up with MySQL
>and run the demo store. However, I see that the
>current configuration of Interchange is geared towards
>selling physical items which are shipped via courier,
>but our objective is not to ship the cards physically
>by snail mail, but send their access codes via email
>instantly once the credit card is approved. Also, we
>would like to our customers to have accounts on our
>site in which they can log in and preview the access
>codes of the cards the previously purchased.
>
>Has anyone tried this implementation on Interchange
>before? if not then can Interchange be modified to have
>this capability? and if this is possible, are there
>individuals with the technical expertise who might be
>willing to do it for us for a reasonable fee?
>
>Thank you.
>

>-ammar

This could certainly be done. If you will be auth'ing the customer's credit
card in real time, using one of Interchange's supported payment processors
(or a some other one which you will implement), then you can just add a
route, or add code to a file which is invoked by one of the existing
standard order routes, to assign an access code to the customer during the
process of their order submission.

If you intend to run the credit card charges manually, you could add code
to the UI order_status page which issues the access code and emails it to
the customer when you "ship" the order.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax